To submit your project to Orbis Editions for consideration for the Cantabrigia Award, apply here by June 15. 2021: https://forms.gle/pbyrJWL8a1VxdBRc9
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS! Orbis Editions is accepting proposals from Cambridge-based artists and writers for the Cantabrigia Award to make publications in 2021. Recipients will have the opportunity to make a publication with Orbis Editions’ in-house editing, design, and printing resources valued at $4,000 and receive a $1000 stipend when their publication goes to press.
We define a publication to include works on paper and in digital media; application is open to publications that are image-based, text-based, or both. Publication proposals do not need to be fully conceived but readiness to go to press is one of the primary criteria in the selection process. We are particularly interested in conceptually driven projects that include: artist books, essays, poetry, fiction, how-to manuals, and more.
To recap: The submission deadline is June 15th.
Applicants will be notified in July. Apply here: https://forms.gle/pbyrJWL8a1VxdBRc9
1. The publication program is open to artists and writers working in any discipline/genre who are based in Cambridge, MA.
2. Extra consideration will be given to projects that present ideas or topics that are not well-represented in the commercial sector.
3. Publications may be entirely text based or text free.
4. Orbis Editions encourages applications that push the boundaries of what may be considered a publication.
5. This award is not geared toward the production of monographs or exhibition catalogues.
731 Harrison Ave Unit #1
Boston, MA 02118