731 Harrison Ave #1
Boston, MA 02118
APPLY FOR THE CETO AWARD BY NOVEMBER 26, 2023!
We are now accepting proposals from artists and writers based in the greater Boston and Providence area for publications. The 2023 Ceto Award will provide one writer or artist with the resources to publish and distribute their work through Orbis and Snake Hair. The recipient will be awarded with resources valued at $4,000, geared towards the production of a publication.
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/UuKJ1mvdccA1bRQG8
The deadline to apply is November 26th 2023.
The selected publication will be risograph printed with Snake Hair. Proposals do not need to be fully conceived, though a readiness to go to press is an important consideration in the selection process.
- The publication program is open to artists and writers based in the Boston area or Providence area working in any discipline. Proof of address is not required.
- Extra consideration will be given to artists/writers who present ideas or topics that are not well-represented in the commercial sector
- Publications may be anywhere on the spectrum of entirely text-based to images without text
- Publications may be anywhere from 1 page to 1000 pages
- Orbis and Snake Hair encourage applications that push the boundaries of what may be considered a publication
- No artist’s monographs please
Follow: @orbiseditions and @snake_hair on Instagram for updates!
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Collective Futures Fund